Since mediaeval times, our villages have looked on the church as one of the key focal points of the community, both physically (the stones and roofs of our buildings) and spiritually. This ministry, in all its forms, is just as relevant today with there being many people, even those who are not regular church goers, who would miss the church if it were to "shut up shop".
Maintaining our ministry in the villages of the Benefice requires everyone's support. Please consider how you could support us, whether it be within a parish or within the Benefice, whether it be helping with a service or mowing the churchyard. All of these things need doing if we are to keep the church's presence, physical and spiritual, alive within our community. You will have seen from these pages that there are plenty of activities within the Church. Each will always welcome extra help in whatever form it takes. Please do not be shy: we will welcome any help you can give.
Below are listed just some of the areas where help would be most welcome.
Within the Benefice
- The Ministry team: guiding the way our common spiritual life evolves within the Benefice and the parishes
- Within the services: reading, planning, presenting, leading, performing - whatever you are comfortable with
- Welcoming newcomers to our common worship and making them feel part of our wider family quickly!
- Visiting the sick and the elderly
- The children: helping bring up the next generation of the Christian church
- The youth: working with our teenagers to develop their faith as they start to explore the world
- Communications: there are many jobs in keeping communications live: the two most obvious being helping with the Bernwode News and with this web site.
Within the parishes
- Keeping the church worship alive, whether it be through reading, playing music, etc
- Coffee: meeting up after services and at the village coffee mornings is a vital part of our communal Christian ministry.
- Bell ringing (Brill and Ludgershall): there is nothing like a good peal of bells to call people to church!
- Choir (Brill): the choir adds the wonderful resonance of music to our worship and always need new recruits!
- Flowers: brighten up our churches (and our worship): flowers add personality to our already lovely churches
- Cleaning: the more the merrier: it means then that this chore is spread over many more people!
- Gardening: this mostly comes down to keeping our churchyard mown!
- General repairs: there are many things that we can do ourselves without expert help to keep the fabric of our churches standing (and our costs down!)